No minimum number of classes is required, however we encourage participation for 4 weeks.
Group meets every Wednesday at 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm at Spark Center.
For Teens 13-17.
This 8-week Social Skills Group is for Teens 13-17 who need more support and guidance to…
• Rekindle the social spark they’ve lost during COVID
• Engage more comfortably with friends and family
• Connect with other kids to build and sustain friendships
• Build conversational skills to navigate social exchanges with ease
• Strengthen self-awareness, empathy, and problem-solving
• Understand emotions, triggers, and improve coping skills
• Reduce stress by processing everyday concerns and conflicts
Co-facilitators Elisa and Danielle will provide a safe, relaxed, and fun environment for learning social skills that mixes instruction, casual conversation, and processing. Activities will be aimed at establishing an accepting community for teensto try on new skills and create lasting connections.
Topics may include the following:
• How to meet, greet, and interact with peers
• Handling frustration & disappointment
• Creating mutually fulfilling friendships
• Successfully resolving conflicts
• Reading and responding to social cues
• Balancing authenticity with empathy