Becoming a mom is a rewarding yet challenging journey that can feel overwhelming and isolating, especially when postpartum depression and anxiety are part of the picture.
We’ll help new moms learn how to respond skillfully to the demands and emotional ups and downs of mommy-ing and support a secure connection to baby. This is a space to learn how to feel more engaged, comfortable, and confident and give baby a good start in life!
In this group we’ll focus on…
• LEARNING to apply valuable child development information to your parenting approach that will help moms to take better care of themselves and their family
• PRACTICING self-care, mindfulness, and other strategies to reduce stress and increase mom’s and baby’s emotional well-being
• EXPLORING the REAL challenges and demands of motherhood in a supportive, non-shaming, non-judgmental, baby-friendly setting
• CONNECTING with other new moms sharing the same stage in life
Ideal participants are…
• First-time moms w/infant(s)
• New moms challenged by postpartum depression and/or anxiety
• Eager to learn how to cope with the demands of caring for a new baby
• Moms open to sharing their unique experiences with others honestly, respectfully, and compassionately
• All meetings online via Zoom
• $50/session fee; minimum 4-session purchase
• Starts 3/23/2021, then meets every Tuesday from 11:30am – 12:30pm PST
• Pre-group screening is required to determine needs & promote group cohesion
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an insured client, we are in-network ONLY for Aetna, Cigna, Kaiser, MHN/HealthNet, and Optum/United Healthcare. Some PPOs will reimburse for group therapy. We do not accept Medi-Cal, Medicare, or EAP.